Old 01-03-11, 06:02 PM
MrWenzel

Bikes: Trek 2300

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Niner Air 9 build

This whole process of buying a bike started off easy. I started looking at the GF Superfly (NOT Elite) Then after seeing the issues that Trek and GF are having while checking out the forums for reviews and comments on the dif. bikes. I'm not sure anymore about the Superfly. Wanted Carbon at the start now wondering if it would be better to go with aluminum and get a Niner Air 9. So I could spend the money on components instead of the frame. Still looking at around $3000. I have a GF x-caliber from 07 and liked it but it weighs a ton. I live in Wisconsin and have heard of issues with Trek, but they seem to take care of them or its the store. Now where do I get a Niner from? Not much around Milwaukee area for Niner dealers. I have been looking online at Colorado Cyclist and speedgoat for having one built. Would a small shop in area be as competitive with the price and options as WWW dealer? I really don't want to waste there time trying to get everything that I am looking for and finding out it will cost 1k more. I don't feel comfortable trying to build this as a first bike. Thanks for your help. If any body could point me in the right direction.