Thread: Body Armor
View Single Post
Old 05-28-05, 02:48 PM
Leo C. Driscoll

Bikes: Trek 7300 FSX, Jamis Exile, Jamis Coda Sport, Raleigh Technium, Dahon Vitesse, Dahon Matrix

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by royalflash
I agree - freedom of choice all the way

and I really donīt go around looking like mad max- I wear the safety jacket underneath my rain jacket. No one can tell that I have it on and it is just like wearing a fleece jacket underneath.

I did consider some knee protection as well but the inconvenience of having so much gear to put on starts to outweight the possible benefits at this point IMO. But I hadnt seen Leo Driscolls īs leg armour then.

Let us know how it goes Leo. I would be interested to see how it works out for you.
Hallo royalflash! Was ist los heute in die Strasse bei Munchen? Ah Munchen, (sorry no umlaut- this is
an Irish machine ;-)

I wish I were lifting a stein of Lowenbrau with you and admiring the Madchen outside the Hofbrau Haus!

Well, I came off the injured list today and commuted to work on my 1984 Raleigh singlespeed wearing the CrashPad pants! It was a good test not only for my healing knees but also for the very ingenious CrashPads.

Today was the first day since last September that I biked in 79 F. Yeah, the CrashPads, although ventilated were warm- bike shorts would be best. But I try not to let the best be the enemy of the good. The confidence the CrashPads gave me enabled me to hold my own with manic Memorial Day Weekend traffic.

Just an aside- biking, like lots of sports, is really a sport of the mind (perhaps not as much as the new Poker-made-for-TV "sport" ;-) If we feel confident in our bikes and our ergonomics, then biking can be a joy!