View Single Post
Old 01-10-11, 01:01 PM
stapfam
Time for a change.

Location: 6 miles inland from the coast of Sussex, in the South East of England

Bikes: Dale MT2000. Bianchi FS920 Kona Explosif. Giant TCR C. Boreas Ignis. Pinarello Fp Uno.

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked 5 Times in 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Don in Austin
Since posting I have spent HOURS on the internet. There seems to be an issue with finding a headset for the carbon 29er frame which comes with a tapered fork. Also, I was concerned about the dropouts on a carbon frame having to stabilize torque reaction from the internally geared hub. I am now reconsidering and looking at a cyclocross frame. http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-UNBRANDED-AL...item27a86b07c8 I will have to spread the dropouts, but that should not be a big deal if I forgo carbon. No carbon frame hurts but I can deal with it.

Don in Austin
Plenty of Manufacturers do tapered forks now so there should not be a problem finding headsets for them.

And hate to say it- Good to top quality aluminium gives a ride that is better for me than CF. In Fact Boreas has ruined me for any future frames. Lightweight aluminium that is as light as the lightweight CF and rides better. I know I am a lightweight but CF is too stiff. Aluminium can be stiff and flexible where it matter.

Spike Milligan