View Single Post
Old 01-11-11, 11:02 AM
stapfam
Time for a change.

Location: 6 miles inland from the coast of Sussex, in the South East of England

Bikes: Dale MT2000. Bianchi FS920 Kona Explosif. Giant TCR C. Boreas Ignis. Pinarello Fp Uno.

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked 5 Times in 4 Posts
I've been serious for too long now.

I used to do a hard ride on the Tandem in June each year. 100 miles and 10,000ft of climbing in one day.

Training started seriously in february down at the gym twice a week. 1 hours Cardio Vascular- 10 minutes on 6 exercise machines and started off at a fairly low level. Just went up by one level each week till at a month before the event I was at level 16/20 and sweating buckets after 5 minutes. By this time we were also doing a couple of 30 miles rides in the evening and when we got to an average of 12mph for those rides- we knew we were ready. We were also doing a metric each sunday aswell and some took in hills and some were flat rides at speed. We even managed a couple of Flattish road centurys aswell.

Also did some time in the weights room but this was for building up the leg muscles and keeping the upper body flexible. Best bit though was the Curry after the training as we had to replace all the carbs lost.

So book some time with the PT aswell as you are going to hurt for the next few months. If not- then you will fail as we did in 2006

http://www.bikeforums.net/showthread...ns-Way-failure

Spike Milligan