Old 01-11-11, 03:04 PM
bradtx

Bikes: Cannondale, Trek, Raleigh, Santana

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 308 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
colpatrick, As far as the house pump goes, buy quality. I have an old Schwinn from when they branded good items and it's worked wonderfully for nearly twenty years. Any of the above suggestions are good with my nod to the Topeak. You'll also need a frame pump, Blackburn is good and Topeak is better.

Helmets really need a hands on fit, commonly available are Bell and Gyro.

I prefer hitch racks, then roof racks and then the strap ons. I'm fairly sure U-Haul, or a locally owned trailering store can install a small reciever on your Honda. Thule builds quality racks for roof and hitch, a Softride like I have is possibly too heavy for your car, but outstanding even with nearly 100 lb. of kid's bikes. My roof rack is from Performance and worked great. As far as the strap ons, I've three, but thanks to my daughter I can't find one, pretty sure it's from Performance and above average quality. The only one that fits my daily driver Mustang is a cheapie Bell rack, which I consider Emergency Use Only and an Outback that fits my '89 Mustang, but I haven't actually used it as that would be an Emergency Emergency Use Only situation. The last two were from craigslist.

I've quite a collection of seat bags and really there's not one on the market that can't carry the tools and supplies you likely will need out on the road. Count on one spare tube per bike a small pair of needle nose pliers or tweezers, a patch kit, a cotton ball to find anything stuck in the tire, a set of tire tools, mini multi tool and perhaps a CO2 inflation system.

I'm sure I missed something!

Brad

Last edited by bradtx; 01-11-11 at 03:07 PM. Reason: forgot an item