Old 01-12-11, 11:46 AM
ROJA
Pepperoni Power

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
I have a Xootr MG and I love it. I have commute on it daily for about 6 years and would estimate that I have over 1,500 miles on mine and it is still in great shape. I have literally replaced nothing other than the pin for the hinge and I adjusted the brakes once. For my commute (about 0.9 miles on the scooter, then a packed subway ride, then another 0.4 or so to work, mixed in with a total of 8 flights of stairs, all within 30-35 minutes), it beats my folding bike by leaps and bounds. It is a little bit slower on the road portion, but way lighter and less cumbersome on the train, on the stairs, and in the office. I also end up working late and taking a cab home at least once a week, which would be a hassle (at best) if I had the bike with me.

It is great on the street and a little more challenging on the sidewalk. Be careful in the wet- traction varies greatly by surface. Blacktop and sidewalks are usually fine, but brick/marble/tile can be like ice.

Ride it for a few weeks and let us know what you think! I love the Xootr and am very grateful for the literally hundreds of hours it has saved me versus walking.