Old 01-12-11, 04:11 PM
Hawkeye761

Bikes: Gary Fisher Rail

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
New to Bike Forums

This is my first time on Bike Forums. I saw it referenced on BikeJournal.com. I am a recreational rider that started riding in September of 2009. I finally pressed past the emotional attachment to my childhood bicycle and bought a K-Mart Schwinn Searcher comfort bike. I rode it to see if I would actually take up cycling. In June of 2010 I bought a Gary Fisher Rail road bike. I had never ridden a road bike and it took me a short time to get used to it, but now I really enjoy it. I ride mainly for the low impact exercise, but I also enjoy riding. I set a goal of logging 2000 miles last year and rode 2290. I sure want to step that up some this year. I am also trying to lose weight. People told me that I would lose by biking but I knew better than that. Biking helped me to move my weight around but not to lose any. So in October of 2010 I started a diet and have lost 38 pounds since then. I started at 260 pounds and am working toward a goal of 170 pounds. As of this morning I am at 222 pounds.

I live in Greenville, SC and there seem to be several cycling opportunities for the serious rider here. As a recreational rider there are also things to do, so I am trying to find my niche in the cycling community.