Old 01-13-11, 04:19 PM
seenoweevil
invisible friend

Bikes: Gary Fisher Tassajara hardtail mtb, '01 Rans Wave, '98 Raleigh R700, Mid-80's Takara Professional, '91 Bianchi Alfana

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
[QUOTE=stapfam;12071511]Have noticed that I am being left out of certain things at work- and by my son-in-law. Any time anything heavy needs lifting- or the parts are in an awkward bin that means some climbing-someone picks it for me. Don't mind but when I see them Cautiously climbing 4 ft off the ground to reach the high bins- I go and get a ladder and do it myself. It's quicker.

And the Son-in-law----He seems to think that I am incapable of doing the menial tasks like chain sawing down the trees- or using the Rotavator so I get put on the menial tasks like cleaning up after him.
QUOTE]

I took my grandson (15) and a friend with me to cut wood about 6 weeks ago and wore them both out! They started whining,"Don't you have enough cut yet?", and I still had half a trailer and the bed of the truck to fill! I ROCK!...you know...for an old guy!
Other end of the spectrum: I rode to the grocery store about that same time to pick up something for dinner. As I stand there waiting for the guy in front of me, he tells the young lady cashier he has a senior discount card, he is over 60 and wants his discount. She has to call the manager over, get everything cleared, and apply the discount, so I'm standing there patiently waiting, no problem. As soon as the guy walks off and my stuff starts through the scanner, the girl looks at me and says, "Do you get a senior discount too?" The lady behind me turns away and starts giggling(I'm 53, by the way), I looked at the girl and said "NO, I don't, but thanks for asking!" and smiled. So much for me thinking all my friends from school look so bad and I still look pretty good! Ha!