View Single Post
Old 01-16-11, 01:02 PM
Glades2

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Body fat...

...as some here have said the numbers for one category might be good but means little if other categories are not, but as I've seen in my amateur (ham) radio club - which has middle-aged and older men who are usually sitting in front of a radio or computer for hours each day - if a person is obviously overweight and has trouble even tying their shoes, then something is very wrong and needs to be corrected very quickly, but to worry over minor changes (especially in us folks over 50 or 55) it's not worth the worry, as long as our diet is done in moderation and as cyclists are riding at least a 2 or 3 days each week, and in the case of a man he doesn't look pregnant when wearing a t-shirt (not good)...

From what I've noticed, the actual mortality rate for cyclists and non-cyclists is really about the same, but it's the "quality of life" that's the difference, since one might be a couch potato(e) while the other is outdoors enjoying the headwinds (lol)...

I'd rather be riding enjoying (a/k/a fighting) the headwinds - better for the body and mind...

Last edited by Glades2; 01-16-11 at 01:07 PM.