Devoidarex
Resident Silent Dissident

Bikes: 2005 Hardrock Sport

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Crunkologist
The problem with chips isn't salt. Water retention is temporary. The problem is the horrible fats, and the carbs without fiber.

You eat chips, but you eat healthy? Parse error.

You'll know you're riding enough if you can go further and further each week. If last week's route is easy as hell, and you can keep going and going and going.
I never said I eat "healthy", I said I eat a fairly "normal" diet. I'm more than aware of the nutritional value of foods. I generally eat good foods, but like most people, I have a couple of "problem" foods. My point was that, unlike many who enjoy "sweets", I enjoy salty snacks, and chips fit the bill. The salt isn't why I'm cutting them out, but rather the ridiculous fat content.

Like I said, my calorie intake isn't my concern. I know how to eat well. My problem has been the fact that I went from an uber-active person to a generally sedentary person. As a result of that, the fact that I quit smoking 8 months ago and my hitting my 30's, I've put on a bunch of weight - all of it on my stomach.

What I'm trying to figure out is how to maximize the benefit of cycling without becoming obsessed with going that extra mile. I don't mind working hard to lose the weight, but I'm also willing to be patient. I don't want to kill myself on my bike each day. I just want to go out, ride, and come home knowing that I've realized a physical benefit for the time spent.