View Single Post
Old 01-18-11, 06:29 PM
TugaDude

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 586 Post(s)
Liked 612 Times in 447 Posts
Originally Posted by rekmeyata
That's what I was wondering. I keep my stuff clean so maybe that's why my "problem plagued" Superbe Tech has lasted 160,000 plus miles. But when touring keeping stuff really clean may be a problem, that's why I was wondering if I should be worried about the Mountech. But it sounds like you've used them for awhile without any ill effects.
Rekmeyata, I absolutely love my Schwinn Letour Luxe. What a nice bike! Triple up front and 5 speed handles any hills I care to throw at it and the weight of the bike is approx. 25 lbs. including rack. The Columbux Tenax tubing is sweet. My bike is the bright blue, it was also offered in a brownish/maroon I believe. I took the Suntour Mountech RD off because it didn't work properly. While it hadn't "exploded" like some reports that I've heard, the upper jockey wheel was toast. Can't even say that it had anything to do with the RD itself, but it really needed to be replaced. I replaced it with a modern RD and intend to do some credit card tours on it this year. Glad you like yours.