Hermes
Version 7.0

Bikes: Too Many

Mentioned: 297 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1340 Post(s)
Liked 2,482 Times in 1,457 Posts
Originally Posted by Allegheny Jet
He will once I get the system up and running. I developed my first file but I can't seem to be able to copy and send it to my coach. This is all new and I'll need to learn some new things about computers, files and data. I believe there are online places to send the files that I'll need to research.
I have a special training peaks account that I log into via my WKO software. Once uploaded, Training Peaks sends an email to the coach with key metrics and a narrative I provide. He can then download the data file. An alternative is to email him the data file from the WKO software. I believe that is a choice from the menu.

To use the software and power training, you will have to determine your functional threshold power. This can be done by doing an FTP test or by a couple of other means. If you have Training and Racing with a Power Meter, they discuss how to do it. FTP is a very tough standard and is the power one can produce at a constant rate for one hour. If you want to enter a somewhat arbitrary number, I would suggest 240 to 260 watts. If you determine it is higher or lower than you can adjust it. It is better to err on the lower side otherwise your workout will be too hard. 300 watts is a lot of power and 10 watts is a big increment. Have fun!