View Single Post
Old 01-19-11, 10:17 PM
lolwut

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Racers, what would you do?

I am a regular poster here on BF but created this vanity account to ask a question as team members lurk here and I dont want to cause more of a scene.

Our team is structured so that we have normal club riders that may race and several race teams. As many other clubs that are setup this way the requirements and benefits increase as you get selected to a race squad. After taking a year off the squad most on the team racers thought I would be voted back on for the 2011 race season but its not to be. Reasons given were that I raced for myself by entering in an extra event during a crit weekend 2 years ago and that I didn't race for the team last year (even though I wasn't part of the team due to taking a break). These opinions of me were viewed by only a few but it was enough. People can find a reason for anything but what was given is pretty petty IMHO. And to top it off the races I competed in last year where the team attended I raced for the team at the front until I popped.

I find myself in an interesting situation now as I really enjoy the club but see that I will be alone on the starting line while also expected (assuming after what happened last season) to race for the team (without getting the added benefits of racing as a team member). Guess my question is, what would BikeFourms do? Stay on the club and race solo ignoring the teams? Cut my losses and start fresh somewhere else?