View Single Post
Old 01-20-11, 08:17 PM
djb

Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2738 Post(s)
Liked 970 Times in 793 Posts
Originally Posted by black_box
bat22, which mirror is that? how do you like it?
black box, thats funny , I was aboiut to ask him the same thing. Bat22, your bike appears to be a Tricross (I have one) and was wanting to know how the mirror goes onto the brifters, and if it uses a velcro that takes away the nice smooth part of the rubber part of the brifter? I used to use velcro on type mirrors on the old bike when touring, but found that it was just too bulky on my Tricross brifters, not comfortable at allfor the hands--not to mention that the metal form that fits around the hood would need to be spread out more.

I am a big fan of hood mirrors, but have not found one for the brifters on my new bike. I will look up more on this one, but am curious if it impeedes your hands on teh hoods? thanks

Bat22--just looked it up, looks nice how it goes under the hood--my only concern--do you think that it looks rather iffy that in case of a bike fall over, the mirror would grenade the brifter? I realize this is a bit of a loaded question, but as it must attach securely to the brifter with a bolt or something, I could see a bike falling over while stationary putting a big amoiunt of wallop onto the innards of the brifter via teh mirror stalk....

ps, also reading up on it, it does say it is convex, my old ones were also, but I am curious as to if they have played down the convexness of them nowadays, I personally prefer very little distortion, to help judge distances of incoming trucks etc.

all that said, thanks for the mention of this and I will look into them and see if they are in any stores here in Montreal.

Last edited by djb; 01-20-11 at 08:26 PM.