tblendell

Bikes: cannondale topstone, caad 10, trek superfly, bike friday pocket rocket

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked 4 Times in 1 Post
greetings from hollywood

hi! my name is troy!

i've been reading lots of posts on the site while researching a couple new bikes.
i live in the heart of hollywood and can often be found struggling up the hollywood hills, the santa monicas, or around the rose bowl/linda vista/chevy chase. love the climbing challenge of latigo cyn. in malibu off the pch.

i'm usually listening to the ipod and always wearing tee-shirts instead of the much cooler cycling jerseys.

if you see me say HI!

i've been riding more or less since i got my first real ten speed, a bike my Mom won at a grocery store contest in my home state of Washington. a UNIVEGA!!

then, in order: a shogun racing bike(1987), a cannondale (F400?/1989)mtn bike (back when front suspension was clearly a passing fad! toured that bike through Greece during college!), a 2001 specialized allez a1, a 2003 cannondale jekyl, a 2005 tommaso as1 (a GREAT bike at a STEAL of a price over the web), a 2004 Lemond Poprad, and finally a 2005 ritchey breakaway which i built up with ultegra and frankensteined parts from the specialized.

and of course i love them all (although the univega and the shogun are long gone). although one or two are usually in various states of dismantle at any given time. and yes, i'm out of room, but my new plan is to keep the older ones in my mom's garage.

hoping to do some touring this summer-the tour de france if only the dollar wasn't so weak against the euro...

really enjoying the forums and having questions i always thought too silly to ask being asked and ANSWERED by clearly knowledgable riders.

ride on!
troy