Old 01-22-11, 09:53 AM
BigBlueToe

Bikes: Surly LHT, Specialized Rockhopper, Nashbar Touring (old), Specialized Stumpjumper (older), Nishiki Tourer (model unknown)

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Anyone Interested in a Great Divide Tour This Summer?

I've been seriously contemplating a tour on the Great Divide Route this summer. For safety reasons, I don't want to go alone. I would like to find a group to do it with.

My plan would be to start at the Canadian Border in about mid-June and head south for 2-3, possibly 4 weeks. My daily mileages on road tours tend to be short - average around 50-55 with shorter days common; longer days less common. I'm reading Mike McCoy's book on the GDMBR and his days' legs seem doable, so that would be a starting point. My point is that I'm not a hammerhead and don't want to be, so someone whose idea of fun is to start riding at dawn and pound out the miles until sundown would not be happy touring with me.

I've put out the word on the CrazyGuy website and have received a few replies, but nothing is set yet. I'm not even sure I'll actually do this, because I have other ideas for a summer tour, but if I found a hale and hearty group wanting to go, I'd be hard-pressed to say no.

Is there any interest? Reply here or send me a personal message.

Thanks.