Old 01-22-11, 06:06 PM
shnibop 

Mentioned: 32 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 53 Post(s)
Liked 48 Times in 22 Posts
thanks for all the positive feedback!

Originally Posted by ColonelJLloyd
Very nice polish and very nice photos. That 93 was obviously in great shape to begin with. They seem to be easily scratch and marred. I've never weighed one, but the 93s sure do seem light in your hands.
thanks, actually they were in pretty ragged shape, i only took 1 pic before polishing just so i could see my own progress. the little scratches shown were the least of the damage, i didn't think the uglier looking stuff would come out, but it did there was a SUPER deep gouge that i can't believe was sanded/polished out

Originally Posted by rogerstg
Esthetically they are very nice shots. But when selling, the greater depth of field (less blur), the more useful the photo for someone inspecting the product.

You can achieve that by setting the aperture to it's smallest size (biggest number). You may need to use a tripod or more lighting to prevent blur from camera shake.
i agree 100%

just getting artsy fartsy with the depth of field... also i've shot several weddings and worked with a friend who now runs a photo studio, so i know a thing or two about the technical aspects of using a camera, unfortunately i barely pick up a camera these days and haven't shot FILM in years :/

Originally Posted by repechage
When one polishes so well, especially on that Campagnolo hub, get a remote for the shutter, or place the camera on a timer if so equipped, then we won't see your paws in the reflection.
definitely need to get a remote, these were quick shots i took just for fun