View Single Post
Old 01-26-11, 02:28 AM
dobovedo
simply bikin'

Bikes: 2009 Specialized Roubaix Pro; 2009 Specialized Tricross Sport; 2009 Specialized Rockhopper 29er Comp; 2006 Flyte Arsenal; 2001 Bianchi Reparto Corse Boron XL; 2007 Raleigh One Way; 1986 Raleigh Alyeska Touring

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Charleston this weekend?

I'm up here in Asheville and thinking of heading south for a three day weekend of flat, warmer (if only slightly) riding. Right now my tentative plan is to head down Saturday morning, ride that afternoon, Sunday and Monday. I may join a couple of the local club rides listed on Coastal Cyclists. Won't be able to get there in time to do the Trek store ride on Saturday morning.

My question is... are the club rides well attended at this time of year? I know there's a lot less "winter" down there, so I am guessing the riding is good year round? How welcome are out of towners? I'm a fairly strong roadie, but not exactly in peak condition. Ride averages in low 20s (very low) would be great.

Any advice appreciated. I'm also sending out emails to a couple of the ride leader links I've seen.