Thread: Who are you?
View Single Post
Old 06-02-01, 12:06 PM
Grump

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Hi, my name is Terry. I'm a compact male. A lot of people call me Grumpy, Grumpers, Grumpa, or Grump, a nickname assigned me while serving as a hospital corpsman, U.S. Navy many years ago.
Married, live in Fortuna Ca, USA. 52 years old, but not REAL old. One grandson, Bobby lives with his Mom and Dad in Sacramento, Ca.

1st bike was a Schwinn Tiger, circa 1958 or 1959. Being on that bike seemed as natural as walking.
Bought a Schwinn Sport Tourer in 1972, got rid of it in the mid-eighties. Dottie(wife) gave me a "Western Auto special" a couple of years ago, and it was so uncomfortable it gathered dust in my workshop. My brother bought a mid level mountain bike, let me try it, and I decided I have to get one! After shopping around, I purchased a Specialized hybrid in January this year. So, really feel like a novice. I hope, in time, to bond with this new bike like I did with the ol' Schwinn Tiger. Mainly ride around town, and on local rural roads. It's beautiful riding amongst the redwoods early in the morning! Peace, Grump(AKA Terry)

P.S. I do remember the hazards of loose gravel and rail road tracks!