Old 01-28-11, 04:02 PM
xoxoxoxoLive

Bikes: 2013 TREK 7.6 FX

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 10 Times in 8 Posts
Originally Posted by qmsdc15
Only mountain bikes!? No love for the hybrid?

As one of the old timers here on bike forums said during one of those heated threads on, ( What is a Hybrid ) .
It is not how it is marketed that defines a Hybrid, But how you ride it . The Giant Rincon is so close to the
Giant Roam 1 which is sold as a Hybrid, ( that I would have bought one new ), if it was not going to take 4 months
to get it. I have gone through a lot of bikes, and test rode many at the bike shops to find the perfect one for me.
I am one of those that really need a do it all in one bike, because a normal ride for me would be 1/2 road,
and 1/2 non groomed sometimes rough trails. Not being a huge fan of road riding, but hate loading the bike
into the car to go to some MTB park, waste of time and gas, when I have better trails right around the house.
I ride faster on the road on the Giant even with those 26 x 2" Bontragers, than I do on the 700 x 38c Kendra's
on the Schwinn. But am finding that the little more aggressive riding position of the Giant is not effecting me
much on comfort, but not quite sold on a 30 mile ride on it over the Schwinn. ( YET ), and as far as off road,
you can not even compare the two. That's my lie and I'm sticking to it, ( Laugh ) Richard : )
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
both bikes 003.jpg (100.5 KB, 155 views)

Last edited by xoxoxoxoLive; 01-28-11 at 04:05 PM. Reason: spelling