View Single Post
Old 06-01-05, 03:27 AM
look171

Bikes: Casati, Look, Torelli, Ridley, and a bunch of steel bikes from the 80s and the 90s..

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by classic1
De Vlaeminck
Now, that's class, and Didi Thurau also.

F. Escartin, and all of those "climers" are always a little funky, due to their size.

Museew Is my all time hero. Jaja has to be second. If you look at them, these sprinter turn one dayer are a bit funky, not classy and smooth like Merckx or R DeValeminck. Look at Kelly or Ferdi Mertaens. I almost want to say that these old Belgain one day stars just have class. It is also earned as well. Ok I am bias. Saw A sunday in Hell when I was 17 back in the stone age. DeValeminck and Merckx just out class everyone. I really can't say that about any of the riders today. OK, maybe Tom Boonen. If he developes and wins like Museew, then he will earn it. There were a few in the 80 as well.

I have to disagree with Classic 1. Mig. Indurain? What has he done. Never win any races in the early or through out the season like Jaja, kelly or Museew. Too calculated. No fun to watch. oh, forgot, you almost have to win the worlds or at least place in the top three to earn that I think. People like Armstrong don't even show ( ok I am gonna get kill here). I forgot Cipo, he should be in a toothpaste commercial. He always looks tired with those teeth sitting in. Sorry man, no class.

When you mention the horse, F. Van den haute. I had a large poster on my wall of him coming into the Roubaix (spelling?) stadium. back in the early 80's. come an think of it, he does look like a horse.

Jeff