sinclac
Week Day Commuter.

Bikes: 2015 FUJI Roubaix 1.0 LE 2011 Trek PDX

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by B.Alive
I've been using an app on my Droid phone called "My Fitness Pal." I really like it because it makes recording my intake easier on me. Plus, the internet version really makes entering data simple and easy.

Anyway, according to "My Fitness Pal," IO should be eating 2030 calories per day to lose 2 pounds per week. But, when I add in my cycling into the exercise diary, it increases the number of calories for my daily goal by the number of calories burnt.

For example, I'm 280 pounds (as of last Monday) and my daily goal is 2030. I rode for 2 hours on the trainer today for an estimated burn of 1778 calories for a stationary cycle at my weight, moderate exertion, and time. Now, my goal intake for the day is 3808 calories.

According to the help section and their forum, the program designer/nutritional person says that the 2030 calorie goal is established to reach your gaol (ie 2 pound weight loss per week.) Exercising will increase your ability to burn fat and the amount of calories burnt per day. If you eat a lot less than the combined amount (goal plus exercise calories burnt) your body will slow it's metabolism down and weight loss will become difficult and slow WAY down.

Now, I get that. But do these numbers seem a little out of whack you? Could the problem of my stagnate weight loss be from eating too little food? That just doesn't seem right to me.
I can pretty much guarantee you don't burn 1700 + calories in 2 hours on the trainer, it takes me about 60 miles at a 15 MPH average to burn that
I have a good idea about calorie burn as i have been wearing one of these for 2 years.
http://www.bodymedia.com/