Thread: Tidal Force
View Single Post
Old 01-30-11, 02:09 AM
kauaikit

Bikes: 18 Tidalforce (+3 M750 E+) ebikes, 27 EVG ebikes, 2 Blk '13 A2B Shima, 1 UM '10 Velociti 26", 2 UM Europa's, 2 eZip trail, 1 iZip 24v Urban, 1 eZip 1000 scooter, 1 Chinese 48v ped-scooter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Update on New Tidalforce bikes

Hello miro13car.....an update. The '05 TF M750X is still DOA, as I'm not to excited, or eager, to ship the front/rear hubs with the dash to LEVT, as I don't want a $2K bill. Instead I've been on the hunt for the other TF models & in fact bought a '05 IO 750 cruiser with 10.5 original miles ($500) & also bought a '05 TF S 750X ($500) with 20.5 original miles today. Both bikes were bought under unusual circumstances that were a windfall to me. Good timing. :-)

It's interesting that I blew out the front tire on the IO cruiser in the first mile of a test ride to see the distance from the battery charge. I've since put on a pair of the same manufacturer tires but with white walls & I'm now installing a set of "shortie" '50's fender for that classic Southern California surfer look. I really like this "man" bike, though it's a shame it only goes 20mph. Maybe I'll have to do the software update with LEVT, as I want the ability to go 30+mph when I choose.

I'm going to be working on a "battery" solution once the hubs die, & I have no intention of ever going back to NiMH chemistry. I'll also install a nice front rim & upgrade to a disc brake on all the TF bikes.

And I'll be looking forward to "testing" out the S 750X in turbo mode tomorrow & of course determine the distance on the original front hub battery.

Kit
S.CA USA