View Single Post
Old 06-01-05, 10:03 AM
Keith99

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 2 Posts
Thanks CnF,

I actually did more than look it up. I had to compile the information. Skipped some recent years (Ones I was sure of, like everything from 1999 on and took shortcuts for others where I was pretty sure). Then looked up when the TDF was national teams and then started with the Vuelta (Youngest and least years to check). Wrote down the team of the winner of the TDF for years the Vuelta existed and the TDF was by teams. Then had to look up a handful of Giro years. (Which is why I went that way, there were more times when the same team won the Tour and Giro based just on the doubles of Merckx and Hinault).

The site that let me do this was:

memorie-du-cyclisme.net (I look it up in google and then read the translated version). The cycling hall of fame also has some good stuff. Find a few good sites and you can with some work get almost anything (Only almost, I still do not have a complete list of mostagressive rider awards for the TDF).

Also I have found that I find a lot more stuff through the back door. I had no luck looking up the Vuelta and little for the Giro. For the Tour I got hits, but tons of junk also. But search for "Merckx Hinault Coppi Binda" and you get all kinds of good stuff and less junk.

I'll close with a nasty question.

Has any team ever won at least 2 of the Major tours and 2 of the major classics in one year. (Answer yes).