Old 01-31-11, 12:47 PM
Doug5150

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 111 Post(s)
Liked 5 Times in 5 Posts
Originally Posted by Ilovecycles
My husband and I got his father a motorized bike for Christmas. Well my father in law was riding/driving to our house like he does every day he seen one of his old friends and stop to talk while they where talking my father in laws friend told him that he got a DUI. So my dad told him to get a motorized bike. So the big QUESTION is can he turn on the motor or, not. So if some knows the answer can the tell me in detail yes or no.
The laws about motorized bicycles depend on where you are.
In the USA, they are not consistent across states at all. Some states allow them with nothing, some states have registration or age restrictions, and some states ban them entirely. Some states allow electrics while not allowing gas-powered engines. In at least a couple US states the subject of motorized bicycles is a gray area not very-well defined. You would need to say what state you're in, or check up on your own state's motor vehicle laws.

That said, police can ticket/arrest you for doing ANYTHING stupid in the street and impeding car traffic. You can get a ticket for riding a motorized bicycle, a non-motorized bicycle or just walking around in circles sh**-faced drunk.

Last edited by Doug5150; 02-01-11 at 04:36 AM. Reason: spelling