Old 02-01-11, 11:01 AM
-holiday76
No one cares

Mentioned: 39 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 226 Post(s)
Liked 106 Times in 64 Posts
Originally Posted by sciencemonster
There are no clicks on a rear derailleur. It's just a matter of the throw, and it has plenty.

I use 8 Speed Ergo's so I can keep my stock wheels with a 7 Speed freewheel. I use a ten speed derailleur for two reasons: 1) It's brand new so I don't have to worry about banged up or a glitchy RD, and 2) it's easy to find a long cage derailleur, unlike with old Campy stuff.

I've used Veloce and Chorus RD. The Chorus is a little more picky about the chain, as OFG mentions.

It doesn't look vintage, but RD's hang out in space, waiting fro the bike to fall or lean against something. I hate crappy shifting, so I won't waste my time with used derailleurs. I want something I _know_ is perfect.
oh right, the clicks are in the shifter. I didnt completely think that through.

So you're saying an 8 speed ergo will index correctly on top of a 7 spd freewheel? Now in that case there would be an extra click yes? I'd need to run a different wheel since I can't put a 7 sp freewheel on my campy 8 sp hub though, right?