View Single Post
Old 02-02-11, 12:22 PM
Chombi

Bikes: 1986 Alan Record Carbonio, 1985 Vitus Plus Carbone 7, 1984 Peugeot PSV, 1972 Line Seeker, 1986(est.) Medici Aerodynamic (Project), 1985(est.) Peugeot PY10FC

Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 150 Post(s)
Liked 34 Times in 27 Posts
Prices at ebay for bikes and parts are all over the place and sometimes, specially with NOS parts, things like original pacakging can add 50% and over for final bid prices (Case in point, an NOS Spidel LS2 sidepull brakeset that just sold for a ridiculous price (IMO), see link below), considering how relatively cheap they had been going for NOS without the packaging in the past couple of years.
http://cgi.ebay.com/MAFAC-SPIDEL-LS2...item45f8620c3b
I spent like half the amount of money for an NOS LS2 complete brakeset with levers, washers nuts, bolts, ferrules and cables two years ago!....without the oh-so-rare original pacakging and warranty card,....of course
And I thought I paid too much for mine!

It's also weird when take-offs are many times, snubbed by bidders price-wise and sometimes they don't bid on them at all (There's a nice set of Wolber competition tubular rims just languishing at ebay right now. I would have pounced on them but I'm full up for rims and wheels already!), even though you can see from the pics that the parts are otherwise brand new. People seem to be so bothered with parts being "de-virginized" just because they were mounted on a bike frame at one time, but not used on the road.....which makes it good for guys like me that don't give a hoot about that as long as the parts are in "as new" condition as advertised.

Chombi

Last edited by Chombi; 02-02-11 at 03:46 PM.