Old 09-28-02, 12:19 AM
Dwagenheim
In Banff, AB

Bikes: Cannondale F400, Worksman Trike (customized for hauling)

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
9.17.02 Shuckin’ corn, lake swimmin’, and a toe steppin’ cow.

Today was corn-processing day on the farm. Ryan went to school with Kai and Lovena and I headed over to start shucking corn with Alex. We went through about 500 ears of corn outside in the nice sun. After the shucking, we joined Margaret inside for the blanching, stripping, and bagging of the corn. We had a good time talking on the production line and occasionally took breaks to enjoy the sun or eat some hot corn on the cob. We finished up and I had a full stomach after a day of working around good garden fresh food. Kai and I went to a beautiful nearby lake for a swim and Lovena soon followed. I took a dive off the wood plank diving board and then with the urge of Lovena and Kai, I took a swing off the tarzan rope out into the water. I landed fully on the side of my body with a large flop. It was a painful landing and a nice way to finish off in the lake. We went over to nice campgrounds on the property to throw around the flying disc for a while. Ryan, Alex, Lovena and I practiced our side arms and hammer throws, floaters and bullets. Lovena and I went back to the trailer with the kids to start dinner. We, but mostly Lovena, whipped up an awesome veggie curry with paneer, lentils, and millet. Alex and Alejandro joined us for the great meal. Ryan and I went back to the farm after dinner to milk Muchacha. Everything went smoothly until her calf stepped on my foot. After we milk a gallon, we let her calf out to milk but the calves will pull on the teets and irritate the momma so we have to pull them off when there is little milk left so Muchacha doesn’t develop sores from the irritation. I was pulling off the calf and in the motion, it did a side step and stepped right on my toes! Luckily nothing broke but it sure hurt. We returned to the trailer in the dark with another days work complete. We had tea and a joint and watched the light spread of clouds move over the moon and starry sky. I called it a night and melted into my outside bed.

Peace

Dave

Pic: When I unzipped my tent in the morning, I realized a spider had woven a web right outside my tent. So I went out the back door.
Whirrled Peas - No War!