View Single Post
Old 02-02-11, 11:25 PM
slickginger

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by BigDaddyPete
You are in a great place for riding. I lived in Guilford for a couple of years, moving to Western Massachusetts last summer. Go introduce yourself to Marc at the Broken Spoke in Madison. It's a great small shop and he seems to know everyone in the area. He built my Pacer for me last spring. I'm sure he can help you on your search for the right bike as well.

I absolutely love Guilford. I grew up there and have ridden around during my childhood and during high school, and the roads (both for driving and cycling) are awesome.

That is a beaut! The brooks saddle and saddlebag really make it for me. I'm actually going to throw modern components on mine so I can train on it, but I can appreciate a nice steelie like that. Surly makes very nice frames, I've seen a bunch as I scout around on eBay. You would probably like my dad's Katakura Silk with lacquered corktape and twine. So beautiful!

Thanks for the tip, I've been into a couple shops in New Haven but haven't checked out Broken Spoke. I'll let ya know!