View Single Post
Old 02-04-11, 02:41 PM
fsc

Bikes: only have one at the moment :( But at least its a CrossCheck so its multipurpose and STEEL.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Kabong30
Thanks guys!

FSC the points you mention are the exact reasons that I was leaning towards the Navigator when I talked to the salesman. My only worry is what my "clyde-ness" (not insulted BTW ) will do to that frame. The bike feels good under me, but that's in the store, but the steel fork and the better "geometry" really are plusses.

Jethro, I'm leaning toward a new bike mostly in order to receive support from the LBS on it and tap into that knowledge base (in addition to the pretty vast knowledge here) and of course the warranty.
I wouldnt worry about the frame. Trek builds their frames very well. I was worried at first when I noticed the bottom bracket sway like crazy when I would "sprint" (I think my sprints lasted all of 10-20 seconds) but I just kind of stopped worrying about it.

I would second your desire to receive support from the LBS, even if it is just having somewhere to go ask advice without feeling guilty for wasting their time, heck you bought your bike there. I did the same. I am going to go buy another bike from them in a month or two as well since I like that shop so much.