View Single Post
Old 02-07-11, 11:28 AM
zanf

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Hello from London!

My name is chris and I live in central London. (I can hear Big Ben when it tolls!)

I've cycled since I was a child but never really saw myself as a serious cyclist. I suppose I am now because I don't drive nor have I since 1993. I don't even hold a license!

I met a guy in 1999 who was cycling around India and after hearing what the worst thing about it was (kids grabbing the brakes when he went slowly through villages), I decided that I should travel in a similar manner.

Plans got away from me and I found myself 10 years later, complaining about my life being just get up, go to work, come home, flake out, go to bed, rinse repeat. So I put into action a plan to sell everything I own and do the off on a bike.

I was planning to leave this spring but unfortunately I got made redundant, hit by some bills and my travel fund has suffered a beating so plans are delayed. I might have to do it in stages now with Europe this summer then plot up somewhere and work some more then head to India for next year.

I own a Thorn Nomad mk2 which has been to Ireland, Luxembourg, London to Brighton so far and I'm looking at doing LEJOG in the spring.