View Single Post
Old 02-08-11, 06:47 AM
BikeArkansas

Bikes: 2012 Scorpion FX trike, 2016 Catrike 700

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 93 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
The ride does loop back to the starting point. I am trying to make the final plans for the parking area in Arkadelphia.

This ride is open, but we would like for you to join the Arkansas Bicycle Club (a whole $15.00).

We will average 40 something miles per day. One day will be longer, a couple shorter.
Normally we spread out during the ride, but gather up to make sure everyone is OK.

Each year we have a an exact route. We have not stayed with the route the entire way, but it is good to have a plan A. Sometimes we just talk with the locals and find a better route. Always open to a change.

Normally it is a good mix of male and female riders. Most of the riders are in their 50s to 70s, but good riders. One lady that rides with us is in her late 60s. She has crossed the US a couple times. She and I will ride from Little Rock to Arkadelphia on the Sunday before the ride starts on Monday and ride back on the following Sunday after the ride ends on Saturday. A little extra kick to the tour.

We break camp and try to start the day around 8:00 or so. Our plan is to stay in state and federal parks each night so that we have bathrooms etc. Each rider is responsible for their fee at the park. Usually around $5.00 per night. Normally we find electrical outlets to recharge phones, etc. Sometimes I charge mine during lunch at
a cafe.

The ride starts Monday morning, April 11, 2011.