Banned.

Bikes: Lemond Chambery/Cannondale R-900/Trek 8000 MTB/Burley Duet tandem

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 4 Times in 3 Posts
Originally Posted by billydonn
Fixed it for you...
Suggest a "clydesdale fashion" section for your blog. "Fredly faux pas" and such...
Are you firmly committed to the black socks?
Doh, a nearly senior moment on the shorts........ok, really my typing sucks!

Black socks? I have in the past used all types of socks. I use mostly DeFeet brand. I use the black now as I picked up about up 5 pair all the same black and model. This saves me from trying to pair them up. I don't know how but Gina says that the washing machined eats them. Before I did this, I'd lose a sock every so often. The day I had to ride with one Rubba-Duckey sock paired with an American flag, I put my foot down, other riders laughed at me and it doesn't look cool on video.

So if I loser a sock here or there, it' snot noticeable in the wardrobe dept. I do have other patterns but it's easier to grab two of the black out of the drawer than to look for this one and that one. They are paired when they go in, but most of the tme,t hey get tossed around in the drawer so I lose track.

PLUS! A big factor is that the black socks seem to fit better and hold their shape much longer than the white socks with graphics. The black socks are a little thinner and the white socks are usually a little cushier but once they stretch, the get all saggy around my ankles.

Check out the comparison. Frist when I wear a duckey and a flag mix, other riders laugh and call me names. But the elastic band on the black sock is much wider and holds shape better. They have more miles than the white sock but the white ones are bagged out.

socks by gulpxtreme, on Flickr

But on an event, I will wear my Nah nah nah-nah nah nah socks. Matches my old orange jersey and I think the smiley face is funny. Front is a smile face, back is the face sticking out this tongue as if to say nah nah nah nah nah nah nah! It's funny but when you pass people on an organizxed ride, they notice the socks/face haha!...I have a second pair in blue.

socks2 by gulpxtreme, on Flickr