View Single Post
Old 02-08-11, 08:21 PM
derailled

Bikes: healings, Viscount, raleigh, cecil walker,Ornyx, rudge, tarini and other odd japanese ten speeds, MTB's,

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Giant Acapulco MTB

Q 1. Yes it was becoming respected then and more now.It is probably a late 1980s or very early MTB you have or looking at.I have one at home. It is bottom end mtb. Mine is gunmetal blue met with lilac purple graphics. There is a women's one in teal paint chained up for about 3 months less a wheel in the CBD where I live. Short steel H/Bar stems usually and narrow straight bars[ slightly deviated]. Mine has not got it's orig wheels so it is 18 speed. May have been 21 speed.Older shifters on the h/bar. Cantilever brakes, 26 " wheels.QD seat release.Another similar is the Giant Butte and there is one of those mtb with 26" wheels getting around town now. I have one but it is like a cross bike 56cm frame with vertical dropouts and takes larger 27" type wheels.
At $45US it is ok...Its all you need. We have Rail Trail Ride here in New Zealand and everyone buys a bike for it. Husband and wife teams with brand new 24 speed bikes and it is only a railway loco incline at best to deal with. You could ride an old ten speed over it easily.Teh Acapulco shoud be able to deal with anyhting..get all the cables working etc.Set the tyre pressures for what type of ride you want too.

Originally Posted by JugglingTye
Hey, just happened to see this bike on my local craigslist... they say it's a mtb but upon further research theres a 1/3 chance it's a hybrid - apparently there were 3 acapulco's and depending on the year it could be a hybrid... anyways....

2 questions...

Is the giant acapulco a respected brand/bike?

How can you tell from looking whether something is a hybrid or not? (if I go look at the bike.)

Jugglingtye

Here's the link - http://lincoln.craigslist.org/bik/693277574.html
(it's only 45$)