Old 06-02-05, 01:33 PM
Maelstrom 
Wood Licker

Bikes: Trek Fuel EX 8 27.5 +, 2002 Transition Dirtbag, Kona Roast 2002

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Yeah unfortunately I have spent a signifigant amount of money at bikeroom and held a deep loyalty to them. But David @ bikeroom is seriously messing up. His mistake on my the previous order was about 40$ worth of parts (bikeroom cost, about 80$ lbs cost, neither of which is a lot, but the communication stinks) and taking 2.5 months to complete the order (which wouldn't have bothered me if he had bothered to keep me updated, but his communication skills lack) 3 years, 3000$ (about 6000$ normal costing) customer just walked away because he wouldn't have the common curtousy to keep me updated and/or tell me he couldn't complete the order correctly. I am understanding, a simple "sorry we can't get that part in a 3 month period" would have satisfied me. I "may" try a small 100$ order to see if it works out but am concerned to take the chance.

Its unfortunate but I still need an online source. With Whistler costs I could never afford to ride bike full time. 150 to 200% over the cost of the city and easily more than that over american costs. Thats why I am turning to the states. I by-pass the evils of norco and their huge mark-up at the border and the immediate cost of buying from a lbs.

Thanks guys I will probably order something in the 100$ range this week and see what cost comparisson works out to with bikeroom and the lbs's. If its mid range, I might be switching suppliers. Gotta keep my 3 bikes going (besides, I am saving for an rmx and need all the money I can get)