View Single Post
Old 02-11-11, 01:59 AM
cranky old dude

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
The end is near...Florida Day is nigh!

...The end of the horrific cold weather that is.

We've been churning out below average readings temperature wise for the last two months. It's been darn cold. Since I often have to spend a lot of time outdoors on the job it often doesn't take much convincing before I put up the bike and cower in the heat and comfort of my pickup truck when commuting back and forth to work. I've been cowering a lot lately! Well that may come to an end next week. The weather dude predicts the temps to rise above freezing!! The worst it should be next week (day time) is in the 20's!!

So the bike will come back out, finally. January 18th was my last time on the bike and that seems like an eternity ago.

In celebration I think it's time for our annual Florida Day! Normally we set the home thermostat at 66*F daytime and 62*F nighttime. One day each Winter the bride and I declare it to be Florida Day and we set the thermostat at 72*F. It's great! We spend the whole day cavorting about the house in shorts and tank tops. Somehow the balance of the Winter season is a little easier to cope with after Florida Day.

So Feb 14th will be Florida Day in the Cranky Old Dude household this year. I think I even have a red tank top stashed away somewhere....