Old 02-13-11, 10:09 AM
myrridin
Banned.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I personally don't like dealing with doctors. Both of my parents had health issues, and I was constantly visiting them in hospitals from a really early age. In my experience, they don't like being forced to explain themselves, or being questioned in general. Too many people defer to them, rather than forcing them to explain themselves clearly. One of my favorite statements to doctors is, "I have found that someone who is incapable of explaining themselves in plain English is either lying or too stupid/ignorant of their subject to understand it themselves. Either way they do not inspire trust, nor should they."

In my own case, I had severe chest pains in my early twenties. One day the pain was so bad, I passed out while chatting with a co-worker. My employer insisted I go see a doc. Thirty seconds after telling the doc I passed out because of a severe chest pain (which I described as a feeling like someone was blowing up a balloon in my chest), he tells me he wants me to get a $1000 MRI of my head because he thinks I might have a brain tumor...

Six months later and many further incidents, I finally have an emergency room doc (not the same doc) diagnose the problem as gallstones...