Thread: The day after
View Single Post
Old 02-13-11, 11:26 AM
stapfam
Time for a change.

Location: 6 miles inland from the coast of Sussex, in the South East of England

Bikes: Dale MT2000. Bianchi FS920 Kona Explosif. Giant TCR C. Boreas Ignis. Pinarello Fp Uno.

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked 5 Times in 4 Posts
The day after

I have not been out for a sensible ride since November. Weather has not been conducive to riding although I have been out for a few 20 milers just to keep the legs turning---and that was what those rides were- just turned the legs without putting a great deal of effort in as I had another couple of problems.

My knees and back have caused me a few problems and these are OLD injuries from 40 years ago. But with the lack of Riding- I have lost mobility in the back and the knees are causing PAIN.

But yesterday I had to ride and I put a fair amount of energy in on that ride. 25 miles in 5 mile stints and although not extreme pressure or Effort- I had to make the legs and lungs work harder than they have for a long time. Last night I paid for it. The back lost all mobility and the knees were screaming. On top of that my Neck was causing a bit of pain. Pain got so bad I finished my last bottle of Brandy that I do keep for emergency's or if I really do want a decent drink.

Then this morning and I was prepared to go out for a recovery ride to ease the body back into some semblance of order but no need-thank goodness. The weather was not good with rain and 25mph winds----But no pain what so-ever.

I blame it on the brandy for not needing to ride today.

Spike Milligan