View Single Post
Old 06-03-05, 12:31 AM
rigel

Bikes: generic hi-ten rigid, Schwinn Moab 3

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Hello everyone, my name is Israel and I'm from Quezon City, Philippines.

I've been riding bikes on and off since I taught myself to ride when I was 9.

I bought my first mountain bike [a generic, rigid, hi-ten frame with old Shimano components] back in College [1994], primarily for commuting to classes, and secondly for excercise.

I started building up a Schwinn hardtail in early 2002 and, due to financial constraints [post-grad stude], only managed to complete it in Sept2003. Getting married in Dec2003 [and busyness at work -- being a consultant I travel quite a bit] lessened my riding time. The arrival of a baby in August2004, further reduced my time on the bike, so I console myself to maximizing my limited riding experience [nowadays at least] by learning as much as I can about bikes/biking in fora such as this one.

Although I have a hardtail MTB, I've never actually ridden off-road [although one could argue that biking in Metro Manila streets is like off-roading ]. For the past 2 years I've joined a 50-km on-road bike advocacy ride and I occasionally bike to work. I'd eventually like to hook up with some local riders for a real trail ride [they're quite a ways off...] soon and hope to bike commute more often [probably not anytime soon, as rainy season has begun].

Here are highlights of my ride:
Schwinn Moab 3 frame [2000 or 2001?]
Marzocchi MX Comp coil 105
SRAM 7.0 shifters/r.der
Avid BBDB w/ SD5 levers
wheels: Mavic 317/Deore hubs/WTB Nanoraptors [ChengShin slicks right now - make commuting faster ]

[Sorry for the lengthy intro]

Last edited by rigel; 06-03-05 at 01:17 AM.