simplyred
Lanterne Rouge

Bikes: Time VX Edge

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by ed073
If your goal is to complete the double century, worry less about wats and mre about training volume. Use your free time to get out on the road and train and race.
I appreciate your advice. Will my legs strength be ok to keep up with the front group [10 hrs, 200 miles]? It's a very small group and I don't want to get dropped; because I'm a newbie, I'd feel comfortable with people around me on a double...
If I need to have a higher wattage just to keep up, I'm toast... know what I mean?

I will try and get out and do some long rides, but I'm sick right now [damn cold]... so that'll have to wait.. sigh...

Terry, I also appreciate your advice..
70% of my MHR would be around 133... wow... that sounds really... low... I have to really churn out [ie. raise my HR to get a good wattage]... I'll try working on hovering at this level [is that what you mean?; stay at 133 and then do hard efforts? (doing sprints and quad damage [figuratively])]...
Wait... would my ability to sustain a higher HR for a longer time mean my anaerobic threshold is getting better? Translating that when my heart is 133... my body is very comfortable?

Thanks,
Much Appreciated..
-Peter

Last edited by simplyred; 06-03-05 at 05:45 AM.