View Single Post
Old 06-03-05, 07:13 AM
biker7

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
My personal impression is they look gay...not that gay is bad but not for everyone. To morph this thread just a bit as it relates...have to say I have a theory about cycling attire. My friends outside the cycling arena...I have heard this from a great many people...all think that cyclists with their spandex and colorful shirts and pointy helmets look like a bunch of fancy fairy boys. I know. But if you want irony...it is a bit more than that as some cyclists...who may be quite average in ability...wear full race kits for poseur points. Now you have to ask...if many outside the cycling community think that cycling uniforms look gay and many wear them to stand out or be cool...cool is definitely in the eye of the beholder isn't it? The other thing is envy or jealousy which pervades society on every level is fueled by trying to stand out and make a statement to look different which is the mentality of a poseur for example...to engender this attitude to make he or she feel better about themselves. Further...my theory on cycling attire is...some road rage...not all or even most...is inspired by fancily clan young or old men on their racey bikes sharing the road with some half drunk jacka$$ with front tooth missing in an old car who catches a good look and decides to have a little fun with the fancy boy on his racing bike. One has to question the whole wanna be poseur attitude IMHO when it comes to what you wear when out on your bike if you aren't a racer.
What do you guys think?
George

Last edited by biker7; 06-03-05 at 07:22 AM.