Old 09-29-02, 08:30 PM
bikerider

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally posted by Moose
Bikerider,

While the overall effectiveness of a helmet can be debated, the truth is; a helmet can and has prevented injuries.
That's true.

Your endless rants against helmet use (or the advocacy of helmet use) do not help ANYBODY!!!!
Well, thanks for the attack but obviously I don't agree.

I am not 'against helmet use' and your suggestion of this (besides being somewhat amusing considering I had predicted this exact response) is simply dishonest. Also, my 'rant' actually attempted to address the topic of the post; have *you* anything to contribute to that?

Look at the basis for this thread; the OP hit a kid on a bike [at night?] who he stated had no lights and came from his right (riding on the sidewalk or wrong way on the road). The proposed solution from 'cycling advocacy' seems to be simply to make sure that next time the kid is hit, he is wearing a helmet.

My point was that teaching the kid to ride properly and lawfully is far more important than simply slapping a helmet on his head. See, this actually does have the potential to help somebody, unlike your little jab. Of course the two things can be used in combination as they probably should be but unfortunately I never see anything relating to 'cycling advocacy' given the emphasis of helmets.