Old 06-03-05, 08:59 AM
Grasschopper
He drop me

Bikes: '03 Marin Mill Valley, '02 Eddy Merckx Corsa 0.1, '12 Giant Defy Advance, '20 Giant Revolt 1, '20 Giant Defy Advanced Pro 1, some random 6KU fixie

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 138 Post(s)
Liked 12 Times in 9 Posts
Err I have ridden road bikes on single track. Those bikes I listed (flat bar rigid fork hybrids) aren't going to meet any limitations. What limitations? Traction? Not unless you are in deep mud? Strength? Nope with the exception being low spoke count wheels which is why I prefer a strong higher spoke count wheel. All of these bikes have geometries closer to a MTB than a roadie...they are like 29ers or cyclocross bikes and can handle about anything other than hard core single track and jumping. Of course the Specialized and Giant are a bit more roadie than the others. And if you are going to do most of your riding on pavement or at worst chip and tar they will shine as you fly by all of those people that bought MTBs (of course hard core MTB rider may keep up but not your average rider). I caught up with someone I work with on my commute yesterday and slowed to her pace. She was riding a trek MTB with knobbies and our avg speed...even including the miles I did before I caught up to her (over 1/3 of the total distanct)...was 3-4 MPH slower than I would have done had I ridden it solo. Hey I have a full out roadie, a "hybrid" and a MTB and the one that gets ridden the most for sure is the hybrid.