View Single Post
Old 02-16-11, 05:49 AM
Don in Austin
Don from Austin Texas

Bikes: Schwinn S25 "department store crap" FS MTB, home-made CF 26" hybrid, CF road bike with straight bar, various wierd frankenbikes

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by esperoquesi
Hello All! I wanted to post on this thread as I am headed to Austin for work the week of March 7th-11th and I have secured a rental location in SOCO from the 7th-9th with bicycle available! As a regular cycle commuter I am excited about being in Austin and commuting to my work while I am there (I should be working in one of the state office buildings adjacent to the capital so a couple mile commute will be involved). I hear the city is great (my wife traveled to SXSW the last two years for work) but I'm looking for some suggestions for activities/rides the first couple days I am there. On the 7th I'll be flying in by 11am and probably be with bike by 1pm and need a good lunch spot (vegetarian preferably, obviously I'm not from TX) near Oltorf and 3rd street. A short ride would be fine as I would enjoy the chance to explore anyway. I'll be checking out some of the regular Austin Bike Culture websites as well to see what's happening the week I am there.....but meeting some local folks would be great too....look forward to hearing from some Austinites! Later!
Bouldin Creek Cafe -- South First and West Mary. A vegetarian restaurant that recently moved and, IMHO greatly improved their menu. I need to warn you. there will be so many bikes parked there you could have a problem finding your when you leave.

Don in Austin