Old 02-18-11, 07:24 AM
jleiwig
DAS UBER CLYDE

Bikes: Still Looking

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanks for the warm welcome everyone. The bike is an older model with no suspension that I can see from the single picture (which isn't a very good picture in the first place, hence why I didn't post the ad). There is no info as far as bike size or anything attached to the ad, so again, no real point in posting it unless we all want to an exercise in futility and guess as to it's size.

From my research it appears to be a mid 90s model. It looks to be white in color with red lettering, and I found a couple pictures from the mid 90s models that match that fairly close. I've sent the person two emails, and have heard nothing back as of yet, but I also have a friend who rides competatively and moonlights at a local bike shop on the look out for a good used bike.

I did plan on going today to a couple different LBS to check things out and get fitted for a bike. Luckily I live in an area with a good concentration of bike paths, bikers and hence, bike shops.

I had already bought one bike off of Craigslist previously, it was a classic huffy Santa Fe cruiser bike, but the pedal brake wouldn't stop me at all, and I almost rode into an oncoming car, so I sold that pretty quickly. Hopefully my next experience goes much better.

Again, thanks for the warm welcome and I look forward to being a productive member here.