Old 02-20-11, 08:45 AM
bobthib
Legs; OK! Lungs; not!

Bikes: ''09 Motobecane Immortal Pro (Yellow), '02 Diamondback Hybrid, '09 Lamborghini Viaggio, ''11 Cervelo P2

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked 9 Times in 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Retro Grouch
I got my tandem wheels and fork back from the couple who had borrowed them today. My plan is for my grandson to help me reinstall them next Saturday. I'm thinking that he'll be able to do almost all of it. His two brothers have a basketball game two blocks from our condo so grandma can go watch them play while [B]Tyler and I are working on the bike.
RG, my grandson's name is Tyler! We must be related!

I don't think my Tyler's brother will be off playing basketball anytime soon. Mama still has 7 weeks to go. None the less, the baby is 7 lbs 8 oz! He'll be big enough to play basketball!

My Tyler is very mechanically inclined, like me and Mama. Daddy has his gifts in other areas. Don't let him near a tool!

Tyler will be 8 next month, and many of you have been following his saga as he has conqured a deadly childhood cancer. Right now he and I are in the hospital because he has a fever and the Drs take no chances. We won't be riding the tandem this weekend, but we will play "Elefunk" on the PS3. It's a cute little game where you have to use geometric shapes to build structures that will support various loads of elephants. I'm amazed at his intuitive understanding of the relative strenghts of the various parts, and how their strenght is increased or lessened depending on relative placements. I think he will be an engineer or architech.