Old 02-21-11, 06:09 PM
ThatFood

Bikes: Bianchi Campione

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by SVTNate
When someone threatens you and attempts to knock you off your bike, you can handle the situation however you'd like.

It's happened to me on the SART and I dealt with it in the manner described above.

I'm not saying yell at/order around every bicyclist that passes by or every child who slows you down. That would be idiotic. I've spoken in that manner one time on the SART, to one person. Anybody else gets smiles and waves from me, including Mr. Beans on numerous occasions.

I can see how my original post was not clear enough to explain the situation that I felt called for such a reaction, and of course one moron decides I'm a racist so otherwise intelligent people follow in kneejerk reaction. I don't see my reaction to the situation I was presented with on the SART as being unreasonable.

Last thing...

My girlfriend is "brown skinned folk". My partner is Hispanic. Most of the clients I help are Hispanic, my advertising dollars go mostly to Hispanic TV and print media, I speak Spanish (albeit poorly). Because I mentioned that my assailant was Hispanic, that makes me a racist? I'd love to hear the logic behind that one.
You didn't answer my question, why was the person's race important to the story? And just because your 'partner' is Hispanic doesn't make you not racist, either does the fact you put money towards Telemundo advertising, you would have to be an idiot to work as a lawyer in SA and not advertise on Spanish speaking networks. Shoot, I know Mexicans who are racist towards Mexicans. You are only doing more to further the negative stereotype of Santa Ana.