Old 02-24-11, 05:58 PM
jmX

Bikes: Roubaix / Shiv

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 1 Post
Originally Posted by LgB
I am there, maybe. I am ok with cold and wet. I am not ok with thunder and lightning. I queried AdventureCorp about their policy on allowing riders on the course during electrical storms. I got a smarta$$ answer back, "bikes don't melt". AC just sent out another email extolling the attributes of merino wool and how we should all go out and stock up now on our foul weather gear. They did briefly elude to the fact in their email that a decisions on canceling the event due to weather would be made in conjunction with the NPS. Sounds like the NPS is going to be the bad guy. I am not filled with confidence by AC. I guess they are in this to make a buck off us. I am sure Furnace Creek Ranch would be POd if we all started canceling reservations. We'll see how it goes.
I feel the opposite, I'm totally filled with confidence by AdventureCorps. They seem to put on great events that everybody talks highly about. I've heard some people have poor opinions of competitors such as planetultra.

Anyway, the NPS has the final say. If they're calling it off, they aren't the bad guy to me, they're just doing what they feel is right and I personally probably wouldnt have wanted to go anyway.

I'm gonna go out for a late night ride tonight to test out my clothing, I popped out for a ride a few minutes ago (its 60 degrees) and I was very clearly underprepared. I'm so spoiled by our weather.