View Single Post
Old 02-26-11, 12:48 PM
DX-MAN
Banned

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Most 'addictions' are more or less unhealthy habits; they are psychological, IMO. Not a matter of the body 'needing', but of the inhabitant 'wanting', in order to feel better in the body...which pays the price.

I say that because of the bad 'addictive' habits I've banished. I'm not trying to elevate myself, just speaking from the other side of the bridge.

Struggled with the cancer-sticks for over 20 years; stopped (quit, I thought, like a fool) nearly a dozen times, always to pick them back up after giving in to an impulse. 9 years ago, I decided enough was enough (too many debilitating sinus infections, they put me on my back with vertigo), and adopted AA's motto, or at least my take on it: "One day at a time, and not today."

I finally got to the point where the smell all but nauseates me, and have stayed there. I'll NEVER pick those nasty things up again.

Some might say that I just replaced one addiction with another, by pedaling so much; that's OK, though, since pedaling doesn't have any unhealthy side effects! It's THE drug that's good for you!

I'm standing by, rooting you guys on, that are losing the weight or maintaining the loss. You give me the extra incentive to re-think my own relationship with food, and handle it before I HAVE to.

Pedal away from life, and into LIFE!