psalm
A square going nowhere

Bikes: CAAD 8 & CAAD 10

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
My (first) clipless fall

Well I had my first fall with clipless today, I say first because I assume there will be more. The thing is it wasn't even a forget to clip out, or anything close to that. I was riding up a small hill and about 3/4 of the way I started to lose speed quick. So I stood up in the saddle to get more power, I pushed down with my left foot, and as I pull up the handlebars with my left arm I twist my ankle. I think I was trying to smother the pedals with the all the power I could muster. Well twisting my ankle popped my cleat out of the pedal and down my foot went. As my shoe hit the pavement, with no traction, it slid back and over I went. I ended up with some nice road rash on the inside of me knee. As I lay on my back for a few seconds, laughing to myself, I get up and look around. It doesn't look like anyone saw me, at least not that I could tell, I check my bike first, then notice my bloody knee. I hop back on my bike and on on my merry way. All the time thinking, it's a right of passage, it's the first fall, I hope it never happens again.

Now I know some of you might be worried, so let me lay your fears to rest...my bike is fine.